The Fair Housing Partnership of Greater Pittsburgh is a private nonprofit organization dedicated to creating equal housing choice in western Pennsylvania. FHP is the only private qualified fair housing organization dedicated to serving the greater Pittsburgh, PA region. FHP assists individuals in the region who believe they have experienced housing discrimination. If you feel you have been discriminated against in your rental, sales, mortgage, or homeowner’s insurance process as well as within your unit’s management, FHP can fight for you, up to and including litigation when needed.
FHP has three primary roles:
- Enforcing fair housing laws
- Assisting persons with disabilities with requesting reasonable accommodations and reasonable modifications
- Providing education and outreach to the community as well as training housing providers and government officials about the Fair Housing Act
FHP’s services include:
- Advocating for your fair housing rights
- Requesting a reasonable accommodation and/or modification on your behalf
- Investigate your housing discrimination claim
- Assist you in filing a fair housing complaint
- Refer your case to an attorney who specializes in fair housing litigation
- Educate landlords, real estate professionals, condominium/ homeowners’ association members and municipal officials about fair housing laws and responsibilities
- Raise awareness about fair housing rights within the community
If you have been a victim of housing discrimination, all our services are free of charge.
For assistance, Contact Us